Because It Is My Heart: Now

June 25, 2006

Now


I haven’t posted in a while. None of the ghosts in my heart have rattled their chains or pulled at my heart strings demanding their tales be told.

It’s late at night now. Or rather, early in the morning. My favorite time in the summer. When the world is quiet except for the sound of singing crickets, and there is this feeling of being completely alone. Not alone in a bad sense. An aloneness I revel in. I cherish.

I read Edy’s blog tonight, and cried when I got to her speech at the benefit. About the freefalling. It was (and is) beautifully said.

Things are good right now. It’s okay that William is off in the wilds of Washington, and that I’m not waiting for him. I’m even willing to move on, though I haven’t found the next stone to rest my foot upon. But things are good. Just good. The kind of good where you can sit and smell the night air and think, “This. If this were all there was, it would be enough.”

I’ve found in my life that it’s the little things that get me. Both in the good and the bad ways. The smell of night air. Baby ducklings walking on lily pads. The pain of petty incidents adding up like the straw on the proverbial camel.

The big things, I can deal with those, even when they set my life in a whirlwind for a while. Whirlwinds pass.

I think when I’m dying, I’ll be able to look at my life and know I didn’t miss the roses on the path. Of course, I missed some of them, but a lot of them I’ve captured. I’ve kept them in a box in my mind like a pirate’s treasure. And this is good.

Treasures for my heart.

Lily

7 Comments:

Blogger Loner said...

“This. If this were all there was, it would be enough.” That was such a profoundly beautiful statement. So wonderful to hear a soul at peace - even if only for the moment...

10:40 AM, June 26, 2006  
Blogger Allan said...

It's good to hear the calm.

"The pain of petty incidents adding up like the straw on the proverbial camel."

I know that feeling...but if one keeps one's hump clean and well-rounded, the straw eventually falls off.
Shrugging helps too.

OK, my imagery stinks...but it's the heart that counts, right?

6:17 PM, June 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I often wonder if, CL, we aren't better living alone for much of the day and night. We need the solitude that allows us to hear the crickets and see the ducklings - balm for the emotions.

11:38 PM, June 26, 2006  
Blogger velvet acid tongue said...

hoping u are well. i agree living alone ... there's nothing like it. ahhh - solitude. besides, who wants to have an other individual, another spirit archetectually inflicted upon them?

8:58 PM, June 29, 2006  
Blogger Doctor Marco said...

Cala Lily: I just commented about your comment. Let me tell you that I find your blog honest and peaceful. It is a pleasure to read. I will add a link to mine, if you do not mind

6:01 AM, July 09, 2006  
Blogger Here & Beyond said...

treasures of hearts..i have some..sometime back someone asked me to watch city of angels and when i watched it for the first time i told to him something like.."i would prefer never touch someone than miss this one forever

well..today..i am not with him anymore..first comes a lot of anger..later the pain..and later...we start to feel that at least we lived the best moments of our life

my soul is not in peace yet..but it will..someday

have a good one Lily

9:18 PM, August 22, 2006  
Blogger velvet acid tongue said...

thinking of you, lily ... hoping you are well and enjoying life ...

:D

9:52 AM, August 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home